A weekly theme pack to support outdoor learning. This pack contains:
- An overview, giving curriculum areas, useful weblinks, activity ideas and useful national and international days in the calendar.
- A forest school style session planner for an outdoor learning session, using flow learning, with links to both the English and Welsh Curricula.
- A resource pack filled with all sorts of activities and ideas relevant to St David’s Day.
- A Bonus resource pack for Practical Maths Day
- A Bonus Resource pack for Wildlife documentary week!
- A Bonus Welsh Cake Recipe sheet
This pack focuses on developing knowledge and understanding of St David’s Day, in the outdoor environment. Using the school grounds, your garden or the local parks and wild spaces. All children need time, space and support for their mental health and wellbeing.
This pack encourages the children to explore their surroundings, nature and collect a variety of natural materials to use to develop their worlds. It also encourages them to use a variety of recycled items often found for free. The session plan allows time for free child led play, which if you have read Balanced and Barefoot (affiliate link) is important to allow the development of strong confident children. The session plan also allows children to develop their imagination and creative skills . This learning pack can extend to many areas of the curriculum with many simple tweaks.
There are other weekly packs available in the store