So it’s dandelion season!!! Wait say you she has the title set as frogspawn jelly!! Ha ha!! Well when you work with children who like to gross out their parents…. well you bet inventive!!
We went picking dandelions
We then made dandelion jelly
- Dandelions just the yellow bits, pick off as much green as you can otherwise they are bitter.
- Jam sugar or another preferred gelling agent
- Chia seed
- Boiling water
- Steep the yellow bits of the dandelion in boiling water effectively making a tea
- Strain through a sieve, saving the tea and unlike some other recipes you can squeeze the petals to get all the liquid!
- Measure the tea and add appropriate amounts of jam sugar/gelling agent for example one pint of liquid to a pound of sugar
- Boil up to jam temp in a suitable heavy bass pan
- Add a few chia seeds and jar
- Voila frogspawn for your kids toast!!